Monday, January 19, 2009

Wonders never cease to amaze


This morning, I went with Sommer to Senate Room 385 to pick up her press ticket to the inauguration tomorrow.

After saying we were under the impression that the e-mail Sommer got allowed for two press tickets (devious, huh?), the woman handing out tickets told us there was only one for The Baylor Lariat. Bummer.

But...if we come back around 2:30 p.m., there might be extras. (I assume some newspapers applied for the credentials a month ago, only to take a second look at the budget and decide they couldn't afford to send a reporter after all.)

So we went back at 2:30. Things looked grim. We beggars were told to wait against a wall. Someone dispersing tickets approached me and asked who I represented.

"The Baylor Lariat."

He retreated to the a table along the other wall and started rummaging through papers and assisting someone else. Several minutes passed. Had I been snuffed?

I approached him at the table. My inner journalist practically salivated at the sight of a stack of tickets in his hand.

"Sir, should I should just keep waiting over there, or are you looking into my request?"

He started at me blankly and handed me a ticket.

"Thanks!"

Then I bolted out of there before he could change his mind.

-Anita

1 comment:

  1. You should give courses in deviousness. Good job on getting another ticket!!!

    ReplyDelete