Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Photos From Inauguration

An observer sheds a single tear as President Barack Obama takes the oath of office

President Barack Obama waving to the crowd along the parade route


Saluting the flag before saluting his new Commander-in-Chief for the first time.


Since landing in Washington D.C. I have gotten a total of 4 hours of sleep. But I wouldn't change it for the world. The city seems to create a feeling I've only had after overindulging in coffee. As tired as I am I still want to just go do something, see something, and become a part of something much bigger than myself. President Obama has four years to prove his worth in the office, but his worth as an inspirer is undeniable . You want to be an American. You want to love your country. You want to have hope for a brighter future again. And for many of the millions that were apart of todays events, that hope, that courage, and that love are now not just a part of ourselves, but of our country as well. Today is a wonderful day to be a citizen of the United States of America. 


By the way, shout out to the other three on this trip. It has been an amazing experience and I am very happy to get to share this week with you.

_Jordan

3 comments:

  1. "The city seems to create a feeling I've only had after overindulging in coffee."

    so true! I was wondering how to describe my thus far logic-defying lack of exhaustion; this city is just too stimulating!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... AWESOME picture of the President waving there!!!! Newspaper quality, yo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I know what you mean about the exhaustion thing... somehow I: 1. didn't sleep the night before my morning DC flight, 2. walked incessantly the next day staking out good viewing spots and seeing the sights, 3. stood for probably more than an hour at the MSNBC HQ, lol, 4. didn't sleep the night of Jan 19, stayed at a Starbucks and recharged my iphone and talked to this awesome lady from Chicago till 2 AM, 5. took the metro back to my hostel across town as soon as the opened late at 4:30 AM, threw different clothes on and doubled them-- double socks, crucial!-- and took to the metro again at 5:30, 6. stood in the same spot for the blue tickets for about 2-3 hours, 7. finally got in, 8. stood in the same spot during all the boring military marches and the surprisingly downletting and dull performance incorporating my 3 fav artists ever (sad), 9. after the ceremonies, walked a billion miles to find a metro with only 50000 people standing in line, and 10. got back to the hostel and saw obama arriving at his parade stand around 4:30 something............... and I went straight to sleep till the next morning.

    Full day(s), to say the least.

    Attending this required massive endurance. Respect to everyone who stuck it through and made it there. It was a once n a lifetime event!

    ReplyDelete