Wednesday, January 21, 2009

still cold!

My entire body aches. Yesterday took more of a toll on me than I realized!

To my fellow Lariateers who are here with me-- I know yesterday was stressful, but we did what we came to do, and I'm proud of us all! You guys are great and I look forward to the rest of the week.

Today should be less hectic than the past two have been. Last night we were all frantically working on multiple stories, plus I had my column due. I have a story for today, but I also plan on trying to find something else interesting to cover here as well. On my way to lunch with the gang. Still cold.

I'm looking forward to being able to experience more of D.C. with less of the inauguration insanity. While it was exhilarating, I must admit that it made me a little biased toward the city. Seems like everyone's always rush rush rushing around somewhere, and even if you aren't, you feel like you should be. Oh, and if you're going to stand on the escalator instead of walk, you better stay on the right side!

I also look forward to being able to go sightseeing at some point. There's so much history here. This city definitely makes you feel alive. Cold, but alive all the same.

--Sommer

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend the National Cathedral, the Holocaust Museum (life-altering but definitely not for the faint of heart), Ford's Theatre and the National Portrait Gallery. For fun, browse through Kramerbooks on Dupont Circle and have some dinner at their cafe in the back, Afterwords. The bus tours are fun, too, though I don't know if I'd recommend the double-decker, open-air variety in January. But then again, you're already frozen. What's left to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend grabbing a hot chili dog at Bens Chili Bowl before you leave. http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1284.

    There is also a fresh seafood market that I think y'all would get a kick out of eating from as well. But with it being winter I have no idea if it is open. It's suppose to be a quick 15 minute walk from the National Mall.

    Come back with all your limbs and fingers! You'll need'em when you get back to Texas.

    ReplyDelete